Post Graduate Diploma course in Early Childhood Education at Kaveri Institute of Education.
Kaveri Institute of Education is a new venture of the Kaveri group of Institutes.
Each discipline needs ‘Education’ thus Education has become a discipline in itself.
Education includes a variety of specializations; one of which is teacher education. It is said that a good teacher is also a good learner. However, to become innovative teachers, first the teachers themselves have to learn differently. There is a gap between the theory and practice of teaching, KIE aims to address this need.
The promise of K.I.E is to provide learner-centered, reflective, quality teacher education to create professional teacher communities for creation, transfer, and sharing of knowledge.
Aims and Objectives of KIE:
- To inculcate robust beliefs and attitudes in the teacher trainees towards, teachers, children and education in general.
- To provide enriching field experiences and exposure to new trends in education so that the trainees become reflective, innovative individuals.
Following are the details of the course:
Name: Post -graduate diploma in Early Childhood Education
Objectives of the course:
- To develop skills to become effective Early Childhood Educators.
- To facilitate understanding of the developmental needs of children throuch Early Childhood Education based on child psychology and paedogogy.
- To help trainees implement the early childhood metholdogy in classrooms.
Course duration: One year (November 2017 to November 2018) + Internship of two months
Timings: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Five days a week)
- Educational Qualification: Graduate from any discipline
- Passion for teaching and working with children
The trainees will be fully assisted in getting placements.
The course is a fine blend of theory, practicals in classrooms and skill development.
- Understanding children and their development
- Approaches to Early Childhood Education Curriculum
- Understanding children with special needs
- School organization and administration
- Practicals in preschool
- Workshops on varied topics
- Field visits to various institutes
- Variety of assignments to enrich knowledge about the field of education.
KIE is equipped with faculty experienced in Early Childhood Education and Teacher Education to support, facilitate and mentor the trainees.
Join KIE to become an inspired Educator.
Phone: 020 25452794, 9960701179, 020- 25456328